Every morning, I am given an intramuscular shot of Progesterone. Nurse Derek has been giving these to me. This morning, Birthday Girl Beth called and I went to Chick-Fil-A for breakfast with her, Jude and Launa. Nurse Derek is NOT a morning person, but I asked him before I left if we needed to go ahead and do the shot before he left for work. Nurse Derek said that I would be back before he left for work.
The line at Chick-Fil-A was SUPER long due to the Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day. We got back to my house and Nurse Derek had left for work. Apparently, he had tried to call me three times, but I didn't hear my phone ring. BUMMER!!! I'm beginning to panic.... A LOT!!!!
Beth is my only option! Those of you who know Beth know that I'm beginning to panic even more! I love her, but she has never given a shot!
I begin to walk her through the process again and again AND AGAIN!!!!
She starts saying the steps out loud. I'm thinking that she is just practicing, because she has not taken the cap off the shot. Oh no! Beth is shooting the medicine into the cap of the needle. SHE DIDN'T TAKE THE CAP OFF! Bless her heart!!! We start over! This time she takes the cap off and gives the shot while Launa and Jude run around chasing the dog!
The Birthday Girl did a great job once she took the cap off! Once, she was finished with the shot she asked Jude if he needed a shot. He said, "No, I'm good!"
It has been quite the morning!
Love y'all!
Karilyn
No comments:
Post a Comment