Thursday, August 16, 2012

Each of you have been my Lifeline!

This has been an emotional week and one that I will never forget! (I'm already crying writing this! Bless!)

I can't explain what all of the prayers either in person or from the other side of the country have meant to me! I can't believe how many people have rallied around us. God always knows what you need before you know it. I know that God knew I would need each of you for your kind words, hugs and notes of encouragement this week! God also knew that I would need to see the sweet families and students today who I have taught over the past seven years to warm my heart!

It has been a tough week, but I maybe down but I'm not out! Thank you for all of the calls, texts, Facebook messages, emails, notes and thoughtful surprises!

This is an excerpt of a sermon that a sweet friend sent me! We all have something that we are struggling with each day, so I hope this touches your life as well!

"I invite you today to look back over your own life. It is strange that we live our lives moving forward, but we understand them only when we look back.

Look back and look for those places where some small step of faith, some gentle act of love, some moment of compassion turned into a far greater blessing than anything you could have imagined at the time.

I also invite you to look back, and to look for those moments where someone’s words to you, their open arms to your trouble, or their open heart to your struggle made all the difference. Like a lifeline thrown out at just the right time, you were pulled in to a safe shore, and found again a good place to stand up.

I invite you to think of those people along the road who loved you, mentored you, stood by you at the right time – and they do not know how much difference their faith and faithfulness made in your journey. They do not know, but you know, and God knows how much more came out of that than they ever imagined.

God is always able to accomplish more than we can ask or imagine. That line saves the day for me. Because I have seen, over and over again, that it is true."

Thank you to each of you who have been my lifeline this week! You are truly a blessing!

Love y'all!
Karilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment