Monday, September 23, 2013

Heart of a Sweet Student

Today started off like any Monday morning. I was moving quickly around my classroom making sure that everything was perfect and ready to start the day with my 20 sweethearts! Little did I know but my heart was about to be blessed in a tremendous way!

A precious mom and her youngest daughter walked into my classroom! This isn't unusual because I taught her two older children, so of course they will periodically stop in to say hey. Today wasn't just to say hey and to give a hug. In fact, the older two siblings weren't with them and the youngest isn't even in fifth grade. The daughter began to say that she had something for me, so I opened this note from her:

GET YOUR TISSUES READY!!!!




Yes, I know! It is the sweetest thing ever! My prayer is that Derek and I can raise our child/ children to show this much compassion at such a young age! 

I absolutely love her words of "I hope this helps you raise the child that God has chosen for you!" This is by far one of the sweetest gifts that I have ever received! 

Thank you to everyone who has supported us through this journey! I was just thinking today that my tears over the past few years have been centered around disappointment, but over the past few weeks my tears have been flowing due to joy!

Love y'all!
Karilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment