We found out today that our home study visit will be this Sunday. I'm so excited, because we are making progress!
Although, I'm nervous about my home being inspected... EEK! Let me preface, my house is not disgusting, but most certainly lived in. I'm going to have to do some incredible organizing of closets and cabinets. Yes, they will look in my closets and cabinets!!! I feel this incredible need to make my home EXTREMELY organized before Sunday.
Friends who have been through a home visit I need some pointers! :) and prayers!!!!
Love y'all!
Karilyn

Oh boy! I remember how stressed out I was before our first homestudy. Let me just tell you, as everyone told me but I didn't believe, it isn't as "white glove" as I thought it would be. They asked us questions about our childhood, our marriage, our strengths and weaknesses, whether or not we had a fire extinguisher, etc., but they never looked for dust, outlet protectors (to our knowledge), opened up closets, or any of the horror stories I have read about. :) Just be you! They are working to help you, not to be against you. I will never forget reading the final report they wrote and thinking how nice and normal they made us sound. So excited for you two!! You are going to make great parents and this written report will only confirm what everyone else knows!!! Hugs!
ReplyDelete